The Best Gifts for the Elderly
Some seniors don’t want a lot of “stuff” just sitting around or taking up space, and some gifts may be impossible to use due to physical health issues, memory loss, or a lack of space, but other gifts that address day-to-day needs could be life savers.
Reader-suggested gifts for the elderly
There are a plethora of creative ways to show your love for your loved ones.
Personalized senior gift ideas
Arrange for balloons, a teddy bear, or a card to be delivered to their door. Plan a fun video chat with friends, family, and, of course, pets! Send a personalized GrandBox filled with senior-friendly gifts.
Activity books or games
Games can be a great way to stay entertained while also keeping your mind sharp; see our list of recommended activities below for the best board games for seniors.
Musical gifts for the elderly
Record-shaped coasters, karaoke mics, piano-shaped cutting boards, and other unique options are available for music lovers, as well as a small traditional music box for a nostalgic option, or a variety of other musical themed gifts.
A photo album, scrapbook, or family tree
Order a custom photo book from a photo website or use prints from your local print shop to highlight a memorable family gathering, vacation, or birthday, or create an album of treasured memories from their past.
Help cover the cost of bills or fun activities
Consider covering the cost of your aging loved one’s cable or phone bill for a month, or banding together with extended family to pay for a longer period of time. If they have a car, prepaid gas cards could be a useful gift.
Calendars for seniors
You can buy a themed calendar based on your family’s interests or use photos to make a photo-based year-to-month calendar, which allows you to include memories and photos of your children, friends, or previous vacations.
What do you give someone in assisted living?
Comfortable bathrobes, non-skid slippers, cotton socks, stretchy pants and sweatsuits, and clothing that is easy to put on and take off are always welcome gifts for older people who can get very cold in the winter.
What do elderly want for Christmas?
- Weighted Blanket. Weighted blankets can provide the same benefits as face-to-face contact.
- Jigsaw Puzzles.
- A Comfortable Chair.
- A New TV.
- Medication Reminder Clock.
- New Running Shoes.
- Our Best Days Accent Light.
- Destination Map.
Can nursing home employees accept gifts?
Individual employees at most nursing homes are not permitted to accept gifts from residents or their families, so please double-check with the administration before bringing a gift.
What do you get someone with dementia for Christmas?
Gifts for the Late Stages
- Comfortable clothing, such as sweat suits and shoes with Velcro ties, that can make dressing and undressing easier on a loved one.
- A doll or stuffed animal.
- Music and CDs that feature songs from your loved one’s childhood or teenage years.
What do you get an old lady for Christmas?
7 Wonderful Senior Women’s Gifts
- Cozy comfort.
- Wonderful memories.
- Delivery services and transportation.
- Everyday luxuries.
What do you buy an elderly woman?
32 Gifts for Elderly Women that are both useful and enjoyable
- Heat Holders Ankle Slipper. Save.
- 100% Cotton Embroidery Handkerchief. Save.
- Floral Print Chiffon Scarf. Save.
- Arthritis Gloves Fingerless. Save.
- Keywing Key Turner Aid.
- Electric Neck Shoulder and Back Heating Wrap.
What is a care package for the elderly?
A care package is a collection of services put together to meet a person’s assessed needs as part of a care plan, which is completed by a social care professional and specifies exactly what care, services, or equipment that person requires to live their life.
What can I get my 80 year old mother for Christmas?
For an 80-year-old woman, here are 40 of the best gifts.
- Fire TV Stick. Everyone watches TV at home.
- Heating pad. Electric heating pad for pain relief.
- LED book light.
- Electric full body massager.
- Set of 6-silicone spatulas.
- Spa gift basket.
- Large print digital clock.
What are some good gifts for seniors?
Here are some of our favorite senior gift ideas.
- Personal item locators.
- Subscription boxes.
- Photos and videos.
- Meal kits and services.
- Cozy and comfortable items.
- Phones and tablets.
What do you buy a 70 year old woman?
The Top 50 Gifts for a 70-Year-Old Lady
- Best Gifts for a 70-Year-Old Woman.
- Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker.
- In Window Bird Feeders.
- Miko Shiatsu Foot Massager.
- Helenite And Diamond Necklace And Earrings Set.
- Birth Month Flower Grow Kit.
- Olay Anti-Wrinkle Wonderland Gift Set for Mature Skin.
What do you send to a nursing staff?
Nurses and healthcare workers will appreciate these 26 great gift ideas:
- O’Keefe’s hand cream for dry skin. Disney Plus.
- A water bottle to keep drinks cold on long shifts. Hydro Flask.
- Compression socks.
- Sneakers specifically designed for healthcare workers.
- A Keurig.
- An air fryer.
What is National Nursing Home Week?
NSNCW, formerly known as National Nursing Home Week, was established as an annual, weeklong observance by the American Health Care Association (AHCA) in 1967 to recognize the role of skilled nursing centers in senior care.